Apple Blog

Apple Pay is used by 127 million people, 16% of iPhone users

Sodexo comienza a admitir Apple Pay en sus servicios, EVO Banco y Caja Rural lo añadirán próximamente

Loop Ventures today launched one of its studies in which it publishes estimates of the use of some services, including those of Apple. And there are good figures for Apple Pay: according to these estimates up to 127 million people use Apple payments . This is a very good growth compared to the estimated 62 million users last year, thus exceeding 100%.

Apple Pay is used by 127 million people, 16% of iPhone users
Apple Pay is used by 127 million people, 16% of iPhone users

127 million Apple Pay users represent 16% of the total number of iPhone users worldwide , taking into account that the approximate total of active iPhones right now on a global scale is 795 million devices. You can’t use Apple Pay unless you don’t have an iPhone, so it’s a good way to calculate that percentage.

Of those 127 million users, 38 million people use Apple Pay in the United States while the remaining 89 million use it in the rest of the world. As for the entities, the number of banks that support it has reached 2,707 .

Perhaps the most hopeful part of these figures is that Apple Pay only needs to partner with more and more banks to continue growing. Rather than looking at it in a pessimistic way lamenting that 16%, it looks at it in an optimistic way thinking about the remaining 84% who may start using Apple Pay as the service expands.

At Apple

Similar Posts