Apple has just released the first beta of iOS 12.2, the second major update of iOS 12 is now available to developers. A few days ago the final version of iOS 12.1.3 was released and we will have no more iOS 12.1 releases.
As this is a major update , Apple will usually include some interesting new features , in addition to fixing bugs and minor issues that have arisen.
What’s new in iOS 12.2
As we mentioned, iOS 12.2 should be a major leap forward and so some new features are included with respect to iOS 12.1.3:
- New screen sharing icon in the Control Center.
- Support for TVs with AirPlay 2.
- New interface for payments made on Apple Pay.
- Apple News arrives in Canada.
- New panel for controlling Apple TV from the Control Center.
Installing the First iOS 12.2 Beta and Supported Devices
To download the iOS 12.2 beta we must have downloaded the developer profile on our iPhone or iPad. Once we have it there are two options, connect our device to the computer and open iTunes or from our device go to Settings> General> Software Update .
As for the compatible devices, this is the complete list:
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad 5
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro from 9.7″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Pro from 10.5″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (2018)
- iPad Pro from 11″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)