Many have been the beta versions that reached the developers of this new version of the operating system of the computers of the company of the apple bite and it has been today when, OS X Mavericks, has received the update taking the system until the version 10.9.2 and we already have it available for download .
It has been two months of revisions and testing among the developers to put in place this new iteration of the operating system that will bring with it, among many other details, the multiple bug fixes that version 10.9.1 had accumulated between its lines of code. In spite of the great advance that this version represented, there are many bugs and errors that are being discovered and that, little by little, are being solved giving robustness and security to our computers .
Among the modifications and corrections that it brings with it OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 we find:
- The ability to make and receive audio calls via FaceTime is added.
- Support for call waiting on audio and video calls on FaceTime
- The ability to block messages from individual users from the Messages application is added.
- Improvement in the accuracy of the unread reader in Mail.
- Improved compatibility of Safari with Autofill
- Corrected a bug that caused sound distortion on some Macs
- Improved navigation through VoiceOver in Mail and Finder
Apple is also taking advantage of the bug that affected iOS – and which Apple corrected with the release of iOS 7.0.6 – and which also harmed OS X. Thus, we can now forget about that security flaw where SSL digital certificates were wrongly checked due to the already known “goto fail”.
As we said at the beginning, we already have this system update available for free in the Mac App Store , after downloading it it will be necessary -and it is recommendable- to reboot your computer. What did you think of this new update? Anything new that we missed?