Good afternoon, I have a problem a couple of days ago with my iphone SE, when I try to download or update something from the Apple Store it tells me “Your apple id has been disabled”
I know the password, I have the account started and so on but I can’t do anything to update or download applications, any solution? please I don’t know what else to do.
I already changed the password, got the old one back, changed the icloud account mail, did everything but no response.
RespondentVictor January 31, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Hi, I got my ipad2 several years ago but I haven’t updated it yet; I updated it and it’s associated with the ID of a relative of mine in another city, and since I don’t know the password, I asked him to restore it, but he doesn’t even know how to open the “Mail” app on his cell phone, and I don’t have access to his cell phone because of the distance.
i want to be able to activate the ipad so i can deactivate it and delete it from your account and make an independent account to associate it as my own. what can i do?
Respondernahuel 22 May, 2017 at 1:56 am
I have a problem, I’m too hung up, I have the double-factor authentication for icloud, it turns out I forgot both the icloud password and the trusted phone number, there are only two phone numbers I remember by heart and neither of them is the right one, however I got the message with the apple id verification code that I got when I created my icloud account. I’m afraid to call technical support and they will block my phone because I don’t remember it. Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to call and take a chance? Thank you very much, greetings!
- Manu Iglesias May 22, 2017 at 11:45 am Hello Nahuel,The logical thing is that the phone number is yours. If you don’t remember your own number you can call a relative or acquaintance and see your number on their phone screen or contact your company’s customer service department to provide it.Answer
rodrigo May 30, 2017 at 5:36 pm
Hey, guys, I got a situation with an iPhone 5s. The situation is this: the iPhone was stolen from me and after a year I managed to lock it from a computer. Two people are already calling me to ask me to unlock it, but they want it for free. Now, my question is, can I unlock it from a computer by logging into iCloud? If so, how can I do that? I only ask because I want to come to an agreement that you need the cell phone, I would appreciate it very much.
- Manu Iglesias May 31, 2017 at 10:32 am Hello Rodrigo,You can access Find My iPhone from any computer and disable the lost mode from the same place you activated it.Reply
Manuel 17 August, 2017 at 2:44 am
like everyone in this one i have problems with id icloud, apple, me.com, i don’t remember the recovery mail, nor the security answers i don’t remember, from so many failed attempts i was blocked in icloud. If I restore my ipad 2 to factory, I will still have the same problem. Please help. Thank you in advance. I’m from Venezuela.
Responderpedro sol 10 September, 2017 at 2:49 am
hello friends, i have my iphone 6, i enter my icloud well with user and password. and i enter itunes and apple id, with my user and password very well, in the cellphone and laptop. but when i want to update or buy an app in appstore, i put YOUR APPLE ID HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED, i already changed my password and i changed the email id in all the services, and it still comes out that message does not let me update. that could be. i tried several times on the cell phone and lap this Apple iForgot tool. and in automatic updates configuration enable and disable, HELP ME
ResponderValentin September 27, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Hi, I LIVE IN CUBA and I have an iphone 5S and just upgraded to iOS 11. Being in Miami (USA) in August, I installed the 11.beta and now IN CUBA I installed the definitive version, but when I recover my data I have a problem: the two-factor verification asks me for a code and I don’t receive it, because I made my account in USA with a number I used in the MONTH I was there and it is no longer active, besides I don’t have access from Cuba. What to do? I went to the appleid.apple.com page and they ask me for a code that I’m supposed to be able to ask for from my iphone offline and they give it to me, but when I put it on the page they tell me it’s “wrong”. I have to say that because of the U.S. embargo, CUBA DOES NOT EXIST, it is not on the list of countries that you could change to. I have tried to put the phone number I use here but it does not accept it with the address I have from the USA. How do I disable the two-factor check? What do I have to do to get my account back? Thanks for the ideas.
- Manu Iglesias September 28, 2017 at 11:47 am Hello Valentin,In that case I think the only possible option you would have is to contact Apple customer service directly and ask them to remove the verification in two steps. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help. ResponderValentin September 28, 2017 at 12:43 pm Manu: Thanks for your response, but the problem is that there is NO customer service for Cuba, for the same reason as the embargo! I have tried several things, the iforget, etc. but they ask me for the code (which they send to the phone I had in USA and it is already deactivated because I enabled it for a month). I’ve read that with a MAC you can request this verification code. Today I’ll try with a friend who has one…ResponderManu Iglesias September 29, 2017 at 5:02 pm I’m sorry I can’t be more help Valentin, but without access to Apple support and without the name I think you have it quite complicated. With a Mac or another iOS device you could receive the code, but if I’m not wrong you will need to receive the code by SMS to authorize that other device to show you the codes.Reply
jose 1 January, 2018 at 6:30 am
i have an ipad 2 and after some time using it now it tells me to enter my apple id and password but i haven’t used them for a long time and i forgot them, when i try to retrieve the information it tells me that it was sent to an email address that i don’t know which one it is, could you please help me. note i can’t enter the ipad, it won’t let me. nor i know the email i use
Responderfrancisco 17 January, 2018 at 2:21 am
good night, i have an iphone 5s, i put a key in icloud and i couldn’t unlock it, finally i put the right key and when i finished i was told that it was blocked for security, and entering appleid i did it but it doesn’t recognize id. i put it is from yahoo, i can do it, i tried almost everything, thanks,
ResponderULISES January 19, 2018 at 3:57 am
i have a mini ipad and after updating it now tells me to enter my apple id and password but i haven’t used them in a long time and i forgot them, when i try to retrieve the information it tells me that it was sent to an email address that i don’t know which one it is, could you please help me. note i can’t enter the ipad, it won’t let me. nor i know the email i use
AnswerManuel 22 January, 2018 at 12:18 am
I’m going crazy, even though I think I’m about to go crazy. The fact is that I have a good Mac that has not given me any problems so far, but since a few days ago I can’t find the way to enter with the identity of Apple and its corresponding password and I look like the punch of a boxer that after hitting the sack bounces in my face. Another thing that occurs to me is that I thought of putting several addresses and passwords and I think it would be more practical to work with only one identity and one password. How would you remove the others? Thanks a lot, guys. All this leads me to the fact that when I buy a brand new iPad, I can’t get past the request for the damn password. Again, thanks
- Manu Iglesias January 22, 2018 at 9:11 am Hola Manuel,You mean you have several users created on the Mac and you want to delete all but one? If so, just log in with an account that has administrator permissions and once inside the system go to System Preferences – Users and delete the ones you no longer want to have.
Vicky March 3, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Hello, good afternoon… My Icloud account got blocked. I follow the steps you say, but it throws me this message: The ID was blocked for security reasons, I give you unblock the account, and asks me for my phone number, then it throws me this message: The recovery of the account is being done and that my account will be ready for recovery in 10 days…
Thanks in advance, as long as you can guide me.
AnswerJorge March 25, 2018 at 1:22 pm
I bought an ipad air 2 years ago and could only use it for 1 month.
First the chassis was bent and they didn’t want to fix it in the technical service, on the web thousands of people had the same problem. I managed to fix it on my own and now the apple id doesn’t recognize me. XD I bought the Ipad using my savings, it’s mine! It’s not stolen! The ID is mine!
Because I can’t remember my password, I’ve lost my iPad.
Please do not buy products of this brand, they only give problems and it is a waste of money, and time. They are not more powerful than other brands. They don’t bring any advantage, on the contrary.
They are very nice but they are literally useless, 300 euros of new electronic components in the trash. Thanks Apple.
- Manu Iglesias March 25, 2018 at 4:07 pm Hi Jorge,If you don’t recognize your Apple ID you just have to reset your password from the web and if so you don’t have to contact Apple Customer Service. If the ID is yours, there is no reason not to have it reset.
nativity scene 11 may, 2018 at 2:53 am
Hello, I have a question, my apple ID was blocked and asks me for a phone number, before I had my dad’s, but previously I had been blocked and I changed it I think the same of my phone, to unlock it asks you to enter the number: (****) **** **inn my question is that what are the 4 digits I have to put in the parenthesis, help! please.