Just yesterday, Apple released the sixth beta of iOS 11.2 , but a few minutes ago, they surprised us all with the release of the official version for all users.
This update includes Apple Pay Cash (US only), where we can make payments between individuals, plus a bug fix that improves system stability.
The update, has a weight of about 500 MB approximately , depending on the device you want to install it.
Apple Pay Cash (US only)
– It allows you to send, request and receive payments between friends and family with Apple Pay in Messages or by asking Siri.
In Spain this new system of payments between individuals will arrive, although we do not yet know the exact date. In the United Kingdom they have already started to use it, as well as several Apple workers who were in charge of testing this new system of payments between individuals.
Other improvements and corrections
iOS 11.2 incorporates a number of exciting new features and improvements, from induction fast charging to VoiceOver improvements. In addition to solving a number of problems that made our devices not work properly.
Now we no longer have that annoying ” lag ” on the keyboard every time we want to type some text. A problem that was suffered especially by the iPhone 6s.
Users who used Microsoft accounts on both the iPhone and the iPad will notice that support for Exchange is finally complete, but until now, they have suffered from several errors which have made it very difficult to receive emails normally.
The famous calculator problem (which did not calculate correctly) has also been solved. This problem was basically that the calculator couldn’t perform tasks if you pressed the keys quickly.
– Allows to charge iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X wirelessly using compatible third-party accessories.
– Introduces three new animated wallpapers for the iPhone X.
– Improves the stabilization of the video camera.
– Allows you to automatically advance to the next episode of the same program in Podcasts .
– Include the distance travelled in snow sports as data type in HealthKit.
– Fixes a problem where Mail seemed to be checking for new messages even after downloading them.
– Fixes an issue that could cause deleted Mail notifications to be displayed again for accounts Exchange .
– Improves the stability of Calendar .
– Solves a problem where a blank screen was displayed when you opened Settings.
– Fixes a problem that could prevent the Today display or the Camera app from displaying by sliding your finger from the locked screen.
– Fixes a problem that could prevent the Music controls from being displayed on the locked screen.
– Solves a problem that could mess up the icons in apps on the home screen.
– Fixes a problem that could prevent users from deleting recent photos after the storage space in iCloud was exceeded.
– Fixes an issue where the map was sometimes not displayed in Search My iPhone .
– Resolves an issue that could cause the keyboard to appear over the most recent message in Messages .
– Fixes a iPhone calculator problem that could cause incorrect results to be returned when entering numbers quickly.
– Solves a problem that could make the keyboard respond slowly .
– Allows RTT calls (real-time text) for deaf or hard of hearing people.
– Improves the stability of VoiceOver in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
– Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming notices.
This new update of iOS 11.2 should solve all the problems that most users have been reporting all this time. We’d like to know if they’ve finally been fixed in your case.
Apple has us out of control with its new betas and releases of official versions on strange days, like Fridays or Saturdays. Also with a difference of just hours. Today should be the public beta of iOS 11.2 , not the official version.
What do you think of these improvements? Have you already installed iOS 11.2 or would you rather wait?