Apple has just surprised us all and has just unveiled its new AirPods Pro in a press release. The new Apple wireless headphones will be available at the Apple stores from October 30th and can be purchased online at a price of 279 euros in Spain.
Apple boasts noise cancellation and reverse sound as the main feature of its new Pro AirPods, which will not replace the current model and which is positioned as a higher-end version .
The AirPods Pro come with a renewed design of both the headphones and the charging case. Each headset comes with three different sizes of soft, flexible silicone ear tips that will fit the contours of each ear. Apple has sought to “further maximize comfort” and AirPods Pro uses an innovative ventilation system that achieves pressure equalization, minimizing the common discomfort that often occurs with other earphones are similar designs.
In addition, the AirPods Pro are sweat and water resistant, IPX4 according to Apple, have the H1 chip of the AirPods 2 and a battery life of 4.5 hours of audio playback on a single charge , a figure that rises to 5 hours with active noise cancellation and ambient sound mode disabled.
The new AirPods Pro come with incredible new features that Apple has described in its press release:
- Active noise cancellation. These ultra-lightweight earphones adapt to the anatomy of your ear using active noise cancellation technology and a choice of different earpads. They block out the sounds around you so that nothing and nobody distracts you when you’re enjoying your songs, podcasts and calls.
- Ambient sound mode. Switches to the ambient sound mode to hear the sound from outside. Outward and inward facing microphones allow you to override the isolating effect of the silicone earpads to make everything sound more natural, for example when talking to other people.
- Improved fit and comfort. Flexible silicone pads are available in three sizes. Inside, they’re conically shaped to fit your ear to the millimeter. So noise stays out and AirPods stay in place.
- Amazing sound quality. The high-excursion, low-distortion custom driver delivers powerful bass. The high dynamic range amplifier produces incredibly clear sound and increases battery life. And adaptive equalisation adjusts the music to the shape of your ear. It’s all orchestrated to sound great.
- More magic options. The Apple H1 chip delivers remarkably low audio latency. The built-in pressure sensor in the earpiece’s elongated part lets you control your music and calls, and switch between active noise cancellation and ambient sound mode. If you turn on Message Alert, Siri will read them to you aloud when you use your AirPods. And with Audio Sharing, you can link two pairs of AirPods and play games, watch a movie or listen to a song with anyone you want.
The AirPods Pro are compatible with most Apple devices and any device with Bluetooth technology . You can buy them today at the Apple online store and receive them on October 30th, that day they will also be available at the physical Apple stores.