Keynote del iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max y el Apple Watch Series 4: esto es todo lo que se ha presentado.
With Apple’s presentation now complete, it’s time to turn our attention to detail. The A12 Bionic chip is the heart of this new generation of iPhone. And it’s inside the iPhone XR, the most affordable model, in addition to the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.
Let’s see what the new silicon beast inside these iPhones is capable of.
A12 Bionic chip: main specifications and features
- In-house development processor of 64-bit ARM architecture.
- 6.9 billion transistors.
- First mobile processor with the 7nm manufacturing process.
- 6-core CPU: 2-core performance up to 15% faster than previous generation; 4-core efficiency with up to 50% less power than previous generation
- 4-core GPU: optimized for Metal 2 and 50% faster than the A11 Bionic
- 8-core neural engine: 5 billion operations per second and up to 9 times faster running Core ML than the previous generation
- Image Signal Processor (ISP): undergoes a substantial improvement for the realization of an intelligent HDR.
A very intelligent beast
The A12 Bionic processor of this new generation is a real beast . But in addition to power it brings intelligence to the terminals. Apple has wanted this new chip to work thoroughly in a few outstanding areas:
- Augmented reality: during the presentation of the new iPhone we saw how the company dedicated a very significant amount of time to this technology. One example was a basketball app that measures all the parameters when training by scoring. Without the need for sensors.
- Games: they couldn’t miss them, they are the star of the App Store. A new installment of The Elder Scroll will arrive this fall under the name of Blades, with impressive graphics and sound.
- Camera and Photography: This processor allows more detail in depth detection in the portrait effect. As well as the application of an intelligent HDR that captures areas in several shots without any kind of lag.
- Face ID: Thanks to the new processor and improved algorithms, Face ID is faster than on iPhone X.
Apple has placed particular emphasis on the enhanced intelligence capabilities enabled by this new processor. This is a series of improvements from which the entire operating system will also benefit. From Siri to the photo library, including apps such as the calendar and the keyboard. Perhaps most surprisingly, the A12 Bionic chip is also present in the iPhone XR.
But surely hides many more advances . We hope to be able to tell you about them in the first person very soon at Apple.