Some things you may not have known you could do with WhatsApp
Today, when we talk about WhatsApp, we are talking about the most widely used instant messaging application in the world . There are many users who know every corner of the application and it probably no longer has any secrets from them, but there will also be many users who don’t know all the features that the application has to offer.
For those users, today we bring you a little guide with some things that will help you get the most out of WhatsApp . Continue with us and we’ll tell you.
8 features to get the most out of WhatsApp
1. Can you suspend my account? Yes. If you send too many messages to people you don’t have on your contact lists or when you talk to them in a group. Also when many people have blocked you in a short time or when you send the same message to many people, among other reasons.
2. Do you want to change the size of the letters? To do so, simply go to Settings – Chat settings – Font size . There are three options to choose from: small, medium or large.
3. My phone was lost or stolen: The first thing we have to do in this case is call our operator and ask them to block our SIM . That way, no one will be able to use your account because they need to receive an SMS or a phone call to that number.
After you have done this you can install WhatsApp on a new phone with a new SIM card that has the same phone number.
4. If you don’t want someone to know that you recently connected you can change it by going to Chat Settings – Advanced – disable Last Minute Online . In some versions of WhatsApp you have to go to Settings – Account Information – Privacy.
5. I deleted my chats: If you use the app on Android, your conversations are automatically saved to your microSD memory card on your device as “msgstore.db.crypt7” in the sdcardWhatsAppDatabases file.
Although in order to view your conversation again you will have to uninstall and install the app , during the process, a message will appear asking you to restore your conversation history, and that’s it, you will see your conversation again.
If not, it means that your memory has a problem or you recently made a number change, or that the conversation is earlier than seven days, which is the maximum time that can be restored.
If you are using WhatsApp version 2.10.1 and later on iPhone, your conversations are not automatically saved like on Android, so you have to make a copy in iCloud , by going to Settings – Chat settings – Copy chats.
6. The double “VV” or ticks: Many people think that the double “VV” next to their messages means that they have already been read. But this is an ERROR.
A “V” means that your message has already gone out and is being processed by the server
Two “VV” indicate that the message has already reached the other person, but that doesn’t mean that he has already read it , so we shouldn’t get angry if we don’t get an answer as quickly as we would like.
7. Change the background that appears in your conversations: Under Chat settings you can choose a recently taken photo or a default image, if you only want to see the traditional grey background.
8. Talk to several people at the same time: To do this, simply tap the Create Group or New Group button , it will ask you to indicate a subject and an icon which can be the emoticons you have in your app. Then add the people in your conversation and you’re done. To do this, though, your contacts must appear to be online.
As you can see, in this list shared by the guys at CNNexpansión, they are very simple things that can help you take advantage of all the possibilities that WhatsApp has to offer. Some of these may seem very basic, but there are users who are new to this or simply haven’t had the time to investigate what they could do with the application
Is there any advice you’d like to add to the list? Share it with us, we’d love to hear from you.