The expectation generated by the new terminals presented at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, where major brands such as Samsung, LG, Sony and even Xiaomi have exhibited their new flagships, has not left anyone indifferent – for better or worse. Therefore, we want to propose several features that surely more than one user would like to see incorporated into the next Apple iPhone.
News from the MWC
- Waterproofing: Samsung has incorporated into its new Galxy S7 the IP68 protocol, which makes your device resistant to both dust and water – it can withstand 1.5 meters deep for an hour and a half. iPhone users will be very pleased with the incorporation of this protocol in the next iPhone, avoiding those moments of hysteria when spilling a glass of water on your iPhone.
- More expansion: One of the most striking “advantages” of Android smartphones compared to the iPhone, may be the addition of microSD cards can expand the capacity of the terminal. Most companies incorporate this feature, but this year LG has gone further with its Magic Slot, being able to incorporate interchangeable modules such as extra battery, professional camera control or a high quality audio controller.
It is clear that Apple is not going to do something as extreme as LG has done but we should not rule out in any case the addition of a microSD card slot.
- Better battery: The battery, that big problem for both Android and iOS terminals. Well, it seems that companies are trying to fix these problems by adding more capacity to their batteries -around 3,000 mAh- and including the quick charge option. In addition, devices like the new S7 include wireless fast charging. It wouldn’t hurt for Apple to include this in its new iPhone.
- Virtual reality: If 2015 was the year of smartwatch, 2016 is undoubtedly the year of virtual reality. Both Samsung and LG have presented their virtual reality equipment and we are waiting for the official launch of HTC VIVE, which is undoubtedly creating great expectations.
Today Apple is not planning to launch its own virtual reality glasses, but given the quality of its products , does anyone doubt that they would not do an outstanding job if they were proposed?
- Better screen quality: The iPhone has always had the best LCDs in the industry with incredible brightness and color accuracy, but it’s undeniable that the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge AMOLED displays are a quantum leap in quality. These panels are capable of displaying text at rest without turning on the full screen, using only the pixels needed to display the information. This saves a lot of battery power, so we would like to be able to enjoy these displays on the next Apple terminal.
- Smart headphones: You’ve probably read the rumor that Apple is going to eliminate the 3.5 millimeter jack port and make way for new EarPods that use Bluetooth technology. But this is not just about music, Sony wants to incorporate a smart headset so that you can control your smartphone through commands, similar to an Apple Watch but in your ear.
If Apple were to incorporate these proposals into the new iPhone it would make it unrivalled in the world of mobile technology and although it seems unlikely that it would incorporate all these features, none of them should be ruled out. We will see how surprised Apple is, and I am sure it will not disappoint.